Author, Carol Kinsey, has been involved in youth ministry with her husband for over twenty years. A full time youth pastors’s wife, homeschool mom and author, Carol writes fiction that she hopes will honor God and create a love for truth and reading in her audience. Carol has taught writing classes, co-ops, and spoken at youth conventions for Student Venture (Campus Crusade for Christ), Heartbeats abstinence program, as well as other youth ministry mediums. Her novels, Under the Shadow of a Steeple, Until Proven Innocent, and Greater Love, reflect Carol’s love for pure, Christ centered fiction. Her Young Adult Fiction novel, Under the Shadow of a Steeple, has been used as a read allowed for whole families and portrays the beauty of homeschooling in a creative way. Carol is also a contributing author for Relationships Under Construction, internationally used abstinence curriculum. She has served as a journalist for the Coshocton Tribune, writes for newsletters, and loves to encourage others to develop their own love for writing.
Carol would love for you to visit her website at carolkinsey.net. Her books are available on Amazon.
Creative Writing Through Literature Homeschool Curriculum is now available on Amazon!
“I have been a fan of Carol Kinsey’s writing for quite some time. God has certainly given her a gift that she uses to inspire and encourage through her stories. We are excited about this new curriculum project. I am sure that you will find this curriculum helpful as a tool to help develop not only writing skills but a love for reading.”
– Buddy Davis Speaker, Singer, Songwriter, Adventurer, Paleo-Artist for Answers in Genesis
Available through Amazon. Creative Writing Through Literature offers students an opportunity to strengthen their writing skills and develop a love for reading.
- Students will read literature, including Under the Shadow of a Steeple
- Develop writing skills through weekly writing projects & essay writing
- Weekly vocabulary & spelling lessons
- Learn writing techniques, journalism, essay writing, creative writing
- Grammar and punctuation
In order to complete the literature portion of this book, students will be required to read Under the Shadow of a Steeple by Carol Kinsey as well as three other novels of their choice. Suggested reading for the extra three novels below:
- Until Proven Innocent – Carol Kinsey
- Greater Love – Carol Kinsey
- The Trojan Horse Traitor – Amy C. Blake
- Whitewashed – Amy C. Blake
- Color Blind – Amy C. Blake
- Jane of Lantern Hill – L.M. Montgomery
- The Blue Castle – L.M. Montgomery
- In His Steps – Charles M. Sheldon
- Island of the Blue Dolphins – Scott O’Dell
- Gone-Away Lake – Elizabeth Enright
- The Scarlett Letter – Nathaniel Hawthorne
- The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe – C.S. Lewis
- To Kill a Mockingbird – Harper Lee
- Right Where I belong – Krista McGee
- Carry On Mr. Bowditch – Jean Craighead George
- The Houses of the Baskervilles – Sir Conan Doyle